Dancers will stay in the UCSB Manzanita Village housing facility located on the west side of the main campus just a short walk from the beach. Two dancers per room with community bath/showers on each floor. At UCSB, every meal is something to look forward to. Everything is prepared fresh, hot items are cooked to order, and an array of healthy and specialty options are always available. UCSB Residential Dining Services are rated among the best in the country. Individuals with restricted diets, food allergies, or restricted schedules are not guaranteed menu choices or meal times which will meet their needs in the campus dining facilities. Individuals with restrictions are expected to take personal responsibility for appropriate food choices, work closely with the dining managers, and supplement their meals where needed.
Manzanita Village is UCSB’s newest residence hall. Built in 2001 on bluffs above the Pacific Ocean and campus lagoon, the views are stunning. Manzanita offers a ‘family style’ of living with separate buildings housing smaller undergraduate communities.
- Located at Main Campus West
- Provides residence hall accommodations to more than 900 students, including 150-250 freshman students
- Features three- and four-story residential buildings with approximately 50-60 students each in single, double, and triple occupancy room.
- Several double and single occupancy rooms meet ADA requirements, and all floors have elevator access
- Multiple bathrooms are located on each floor off the hallways, and are shared by four or five students
- Each building includes lobby area, laundry/vending room, lounge with view terrace, study room, and some have kitchenettes
- All inclusive 9-month contract includes dining, high-speed wireless internet access, regular housekeeping, and 24-hour on-call maintenance and emergency staff
- Loma Pelona Center, next to Manzanita Village, has a fitness center with exercise machines
- DeAnza Center, the main office and study space for Manzanita Village, offers meeting rooms, classrooms, a kitchenette, RHA satellite office, and a ResNet center
- Other amenities include BBQs, sand volleyball courts, and the Carrillo swimming pool